The Dallas Central Appraisal District is committed to employing the most talented and capable people possible.
The District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages all qualified individuals to apply without regard to race,
ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran’s status or disability.
If any applicant or employee feels he or she has not been treated fairly in this regard, the applicant or employee
should contact the Manager of Human Resources immediately. If you require special assistance during the application process,
please email us at email@example.com or call
the HR Generalist at 214-631-4362.
DCAD IS NO LONGER ACCEPTING PAPER APPLICATIONS. TO APPLY YOU MUST COMPLETE THE APPLICATION AT
The Dallas Central Appraisal District is an Equal Opportunity
Following is a list of positions available within the Appraisal
District. While this list is generally updated within 24 hours of an employment
action, it is possible some newer openings are not listed or a listed position
has recently been filled.
Position(s) Available At This Time
Last Updated: 1/19/2023
Business Personal Property Appraiser
Business Personal Property Appraiser
- Looking for great work/life balance with excellent benefits? Are you looking for a career with direct impact on the public? The Dallas Central Appraisal District is one of the premier Appraisal Districts in Texas!
- As a Business Personal Property Appraiser, you will be part of a team of appraisal experts who interact with business owners, settle values, and provide excellent customer support. Your goal is to establish equal and uniform valuations and maximizing support to 61 local governing bodies in Dallas County.
- The ideal BPP Appraiser is detail oriented, analytical, with excellent public relations skills. Additionally, the ideal candidate is organized, adaptable, and has a positive work ethic.
- Bachelor’s degree; major in Real Estate or Finance preferred. In certain circumstances, the college degree requirement may be waived for an individual with either an RPA and current active registration with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation, or ten or more years of active appraisal experience within the last fifteen years of the date of application.
- Sufficient mobility to visit property and/or construction sites that may feature rough terrain and difficult access.
- Ability to work outdoors in unfavorable weather conditions including extreme heat and cold as well as wet and rainy environments.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a certificate of vehicle insurance with liability limits of not less than $100,000-$300,000-$100,000.
- Successfully complete a driving and criminal background investigation.
- Ability to meet all state requirement for successful registration with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation.
- Able to locate, identify, and appraise all types of business personal property.
- Negotiate and settle value disputes with business owners and tax consultants.
- Represent the Appraisal District valuations before the Appraisal Review Board.
- Respond to inquiries and resolve taxpayer issues.
- Must project a professional image to the general public.
- Knowledge of general appraisal methods and processes.
- PHYSICAL and MENTAL ABILITIES: Incumbent must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time with ability to reach, bend and move up/down. Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds of files or equipment. The position requires the ability to concentrate on assigned tasks and the ability to manage time effectively in order to meet production and quality objectives. Incumbent must be able to communicate clearly on the telephone and face to face, including the ability to ask questions that will bring forth the information needed to make sound decisions.
Compensation: The salary range starts at $42,000 depending on experience. Monthly auto allowance of $700. Interested candidates must submit a resume at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/778cabd0-f549-4c93-87bb-adae76ccb9ff/Dallas-Central-Appraisal-District
The DCAD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to Top