The Dallas Central Appraisal District is committed to employing the most talented
and capable people possible. The District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages all
qualified individuals to apply without regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, veteran’s status or disability.
If any applicant or employee feels he or she has not been treated fairly in this regard, the
applicant or employee should contact the Manager of Human Resources
immediately. If you require special assistance during the application process,
please email us at email@example.com or call
the HR Generalist at 214-631-4362.
To download or print out the Dallas Central Appraisal District Application for
Employment form, the Applicant Tracking Questionnaire, and the Supplemental
Employment History form, you must
have downloaded the free copy of
You can now complete the application, form on line.
- You can now type in the information required for the application; however, you cannot save your work.
- After completing the application, please print out the form, carefully read the Application Statement
on the last page and sign and date it.
Fax application to 214-630-1156
Mail the completed forms to:
||Dallas Central Appraisal District
Attn: Human Resources Division
2949 North Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, Texas 75247
-If you have questions, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment Application Form
Due to the large number of applications, we will not be able to
respond to all resumes submitted. We will contact those applicants that are
most qualified for any available position to arrange an interview. Please note
there will be a delay between the date an offer is made and accepted and the
job is removed from the web site.
The Dallas Central Appraisal District is an Equal Opportunity
Following is a list of positions available within the Appraisal
District. While this list is generally updated within 24 hours of an employment
action, it is possible some newer openings are not listed or a listed position
has recently been filled.
Position(s) Available At This Time
Last Updated: 4/2/2015
- Interpret and process various types of conveyance documents or other official documents to update ownership changes and/or process and exemption applications, correspondence, tax deferrals, research requests, VSU (death records), prorations and transfer requests for Age 65 or Older/Disabled Person exemptions; may include Ag applications.
- Process Journal Entries and update accounts for prior years.
- Work with co-workers, taxpayers, taxing jurisdictions, tax representatives, attorneys and title companies to clarify procedures and account information; research ownership, exemptions, property description issues, Ag issues for customer service calls and walk-ins.
- Utilize acceptable writing and communication skills when responding to property owners regarding ownership, exemptions, Ag appraisals, audit issues, and other complex research issues.
- Generate form letters to request additional information or to approve or to deny an ownership change, exemption application or Ag applications (as assigned).
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of DCAD procedures and the Property Tax Code as it pertains to required documentation, acceptable types of proof and qualifications of exemptions, ownership changes and Ag appraisal valuations.
- Perform special and complex research projects and/or audits which require extensive research and knowledge of ownership, exemption and Ag appraisal valuation procedures (as assigned).
- Assist in providing technical support for PRE staff as well as answer technical questions for other divisions.
- Must have ability to multi-task and use multiple applications at once using dual monitors.
- Assist in gathering appropriate documentation for ownership, exemption and/or Ag protest for ARB hearings.
- Prepare and scan incoming and out-going correspondence, applications and documents for PRE and perform quality control of scanned documents as assigned; scan documents for other divisions as assigned.
- Perform mailroom duties as assigned; assure all incoming and outgoing mail is sent and delivered to the appropriate destination; sort and/or deliver incoming mail, interoffice envelopes and packages for PRE staff and all other divisions. Process outgoing mail and/or packages (sort, weigh, meter and bundle) to prepare for mail pick up by UPS; couriers; private mail service or to deliver mail to the Post Office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills including word processing required. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is helpful.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Oral and written communication skills required.
- Prefer previous office experience with thorough knowledge of office and copying equipment, postage meters, and other office equipment.
- Prefer employee to be familiar with U.S. Mail, UPS, Express Mail Carriers and procedures.
- Specific knowledge of related DCAD operations (or equivalent tax office operations) and procedures a plus.
- Must be able to pass a standardized skill test administered by the District.
- Bilingual English/Spanish (read and speak) skills and previous tax office experience preferred.
- If assigned to deliver and retrieve mail to and from the Post Office, must possess a valid Texas Driver's License and comply with the DCAD automobile insurance requirements as outlined in Policy 124.2.
Compensation: Minimum Pay $29,925.00
The DCAD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to Top